Strategic Report: Cobalt, Cobalt Minerals, and Cobalt Chemicals
Nov 2020. The market for cobalt and cobalt compounds has attracted attention in recent years. Cobalt’s importance as a critical raw material in rechargeable lithium-ion batteries (LIBs) will result in a dramatic increase in demand over the next decade, as battery production has become the largest single end use for cobalt. For battery producers and end users in the automotive industry, and other industries that depend on lithium-ion batteries, questions arise around the availability and cost of this critical raw material, as well as the sustainability of cobalt supply, especially for raw material sourced from the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). This supply concentration of a critical part of cobalt raw material obviously poses a risk to the robustness of the entire supply chain.
To view Abstract and Table of Contents click here.
- Publish Date: 2020-11-05
- Number of Pages: 171
- Content Type: Report
- Delivery: Email with link to PDF file
- In depth analysis of the battery and cathode market in co-operation with IHS Markit Automotive and IHS Markit Energy Teams
- Global and regional demand analysis at all stages of the value chain (2012-2030)
- Miner-, refiner-, and recycler list on production, production capacity, production sites, product portfolio etc.
- Global, regional and country by country trade
Reasons to buy:
- Ability to view the cobalt market through the entire cobalt value chain from mine to end-product
- Support strategic decisions regarding the use of cobalt in end products
- Security of supply
- Reputational risk
- Support competitive analysis and merger and acquisition decisions
- Analysis of the technology landscape, and battery technology in particular