Jul 2020. Mainland China, Japan, the United States, and Western Europe are the largest markets for acetaldehyde, accounting for nearly 87% of world consumption in 2020. Consumption of 2020 is estimated to be down more than 11% from the level of 2019 due to a weakening demand as well as the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the global economy. Asia, in particular mainland China, will continue to drive world consumption, increasing at an average of 4% per year in the next five years. Japan is forecast to have muted growth through 2025 due to weakened demand and its economic recession. Full consumption recovery in the United States and Western Europe is expected by 2022, after the 14–15% decline in 2020, but there will have a more limited growth for both thereafter.
To view Abstract and Table of Contents click here.
- Publish Date: 2020-07-15
- Chemical Focus: Intermediates, Solvents and Surfactants
- Number of Pages: 54
- Content Type: Report
- Delivery: Email with link to PDF file
- Global summary; regional coverage
- Producers with annual capacities and plant sites
- Consumption and five-year forecast by end-use application
- Price and production figures and trends
- Trade imports and exports
Reasons to Buy
- Drive market research and commercial development
- Support competitive analysis, marketing and sales
- Inform merger and acquisition decisions