Apr 2021. Caprolactam, produced primarily from cyclohexane, is consumed in the production of nylon 6 fibers and nylon 6 engineering resins and films. More than half of world caprolactam consumption is for nylon 6 fibers and around one-fourth is for nylon 6 resins and films; the remainder is accounted for by trade in nylon 6 polymer chip. Nylon 6 fibers are used in the textile, carpet, and industrial yarn industries. Nylon resins are used as engineering plastics, with applications in the automotive industry, specialty film packaging for food, and wire and cabling. The gradual shifts in nylon 6 textile fiber production to Asia, followed by development in automobile, plastics, and electronics manufacturing away from more industrialized regions, have all contributed to historical growth for caprolactam and nylon 6 in Asia, and mainland Chinese nylon fiber and resin production continues to expand rapidly. In 2020, mainland China accounted for more than half of the global consumption of caprolactam, and will continue to drive world consumption during 2020–25.
To view Abstract and Table of Contents click here.
- Publish Date: 2021-04-30
- Chemical Focus: Aromatics and Fibers
- Number of Pages: 70
- Content Type: Report
- Delivery: Email with link to PDF file
- Global summary; regional coverage
- Producers with annual capacities and plant sites
- Consumption and five-year forecast by end-use application
- Price and production figures and trends
- Trade imports and exports
Reasons to Buy
- Drive market research and commercial development
- Support competitive analysis, marketing and sales
- Inform merger and acquisition decisions