CEH: Chlorinated Methanes
Jun 2021. Chlorinated methanes, namely methyl chloride (CH3Cl), methylene chloride (CH2Cl2), chloroform (CHCl3), and carbon tetrachloride (CCl4), are forecast to show continued growth during 2020–25. Chlorinated methanes find applications both as chemical feedstocks and are also used extensively for their excellent solvent properties in industrial and pharmaceutical processes.
Growth in consumption will be driven primarily by mainland China, especially as precursors to specialty chemicals such as silicones, cellulose ethers, low-GWP (global warming potential) hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) refrigerants, and next-generation hydrofluoroolefin (HFO) refrigerants.
To view Abstract and Table of Contents click here.
- Publish Date: 2021-06-01
- Chemical Focus: Chlor-Alkali, Inorganics and Mining Materials
- Number of Pages: 167
- Content Type: Report
- Delivery: Email with link to PDF file
- Global summary; regional coverage
- Producers with annual capacities and plant sites
- Consumption and five-year forecast by end-use application
- Price and production figures and trends
- Trade imports and exports
Reasons to Buy
- Drive market research and commercial development
- Support competitive analysis, marketing and sales
- Inform merger and acquisition decisions