CEH: Epoxy Resins Report

CEH: Epoxy Resins

Regular price $7,950.00 Sale

Aug 2021. Epoxy resins are thermosetting resins, meaning that they do not develop useful properties until they are reacted with suitable cross-linking agents. There is a limited amount of high-molecular-weight epoxy resin that forms useful properties as a thermoplastic coating. Epoxy resins can be used in various forms, including as liquids (liquid epoxy resins [LERs]) and solids, as well as dissolved in solvents, such as water and organic solvents. Producers of epoxies also sell basic forms of resin (mainly LER) to customers, such as coatings producers that modify them to achieve certain properties. The leading market for epoxies is coatings, which account for 45–50% of consumption. Other large markets are electrical/electronics, adhesives, construction, and composites. About 80% of epoxies are considered commodities; the other 20% are specialties (e.g., industrial adhesives for automotive and composites for aerospace and wind turbine blades).

To view Abstract and Table of Contents click here.

  • Publish Date: 2021-08-17
  • Chemical Focus: Resins and Coatings
  • Number of Pages: 109
  • Content Type: Report
  • Delivery: Email with link to PDF file


    • Global summary; regional coverage
    • Producers with annual capacities and plant sites
    • Consumption and five-year forecast by end-use application
    • Price and production figures and trends
    • Trade imports and exports

Reasons to Buy

  • Drive market research and commercial development
  • Support competitive analysis, marketing and sales
  • Inform merger and acquisition decisions