CEH: Paraffins, Normal (C9-C17)
Dec 2019. Global consumption of normal paraffins will continue to grow at an average annual growth rate of 1.9% per annum during 2019–24. Higher-than-average growth rates will be observed in regions such as China, the Middle East, and India where new capacity is expected to be brought onstream in the forecast period. China, in particular, has seen rapid expansion in capacity since the last report was published, using coal-to-liquid feedstocks, and further expansions are expected during the next five years.
n-Paraffins are used to manufacture linear alkylbenzene, most of which is used as a precursor for the production of linear alkylbenzene sulfonate, a well-established workhorse surfactant that continues to show growth in developing regions. Other major applications include the production of chlorinated paraffins, use as solvents and metal working fluids, detergent alcohols, and an array of industrial uses.
To view Abstract and Table of Contents click here.
- Publish Date: 2019-12-13
- Chemical Focus: Intermediates, Solvents and Surfactants
- Number of Pages: 60
- Content Type: Report
- Delivery: Email with link to PDF file
- Global summary; regional coverage
- Producers with annual capacities and plant sites
- Consumption and five-year forecast by end-use application
- Price and production figures and trends
- Trade imports and exports
Reasons to Buy
- Drive market research and commercial development
- Support competitive analysis, marketing and sales
- Inform merger and acquisition decisions