Feb 2020. Sorbitol is the largest-volume sugar alcohol. It offers a unique combination of functional properties—humectancy, sweetness, bulking, stabilization, softening, and emulsification—at an attractive price. Because of its sweet taste, it is widely used as a partial replacement for sucrose (table sugar) in sugar-free foods, chewing gums, and candies. In addition, sorbitol serves as a sweetener, humectant, and bodying agent in toothpaste and mouthwash and as a starting material for vitamin C production.
To view Abstract and Table of Contents click here.
- Publish Date: 2020-02-28
- Chemical Focus: Renewables and Nutrition
- Number of Pages: 117
- Content Type: Report
- Delivery: Email with link to PDF file
- Global summary; regional coverage
- Producers with annual capacities and plant sites
- Consumption and five-year forecast by end-use application
- Price and production figures and trends
- Trade imports and exports
Reasons to Buy
- Drive market research and commercial development
- Support competitive analysis, marketing and sales
- Inform merger and acquisition decisions