Jul 2020. The specialty biocides described in this report include many different chemical types that are used in a variety of end-use areas. They are linked only by their common functionality in destroying or inhibiting the growth of a broad range of microorganisms. At the time of writing this report, the COVID-19 pandemic was impacting every sector of the global economy, with an expected mixed effect on the demand for the individual biocidal actives, depending on their ultimate use. The response to COVID-19 led to a sharp spike in the sanitizer and disinfectant use of biocides (and thus quaternary ammoniums and germicidal phenolics), while use in industries impacted by shelter-in-place mandates (e.g., construction, nonessential manufacturing sectors) declined.
To view Abstract and Table of Contents click here.
- Publish Date: 2020-07-31
- Chemical Focus: Specialty Markets
- Number of Pages: 224
- Content Type: Report
- Delivery: Email with link to PDF file
- Global and regional supply/demand and five-year forecast
- North America, Europe, China, Japan coverage
- Government regulations, trends and strategic issues
- Prices and operating characteristics
- Market participants and size by value and volume
Reasons to Buy
- Drive market research, commercial and technology development
- Support competitive and regulatory analysis
- Inform merger and acquisition decisions